Crying


Crying is cathartic. I don't cry nearly as much as I used to. I used to cry all of the time, for not any reason at all, but it always helped me to clear my brain and feel better about life. Now, I find that it's hard to cry even when I feel sad. It's really rare for me to cry unless I watch somethings sad on television or if something really bad happens to me. This is weird to say, but I really do want to cry the way I used to because I really prefer letting my emotions out to feeling really numb. Feeling numb is the worst thing in the world. I would rather feel lots of emotions than feel nothing at all.

I started thinking about this last weekend when something happened to me. It was a really bad situation. Well not something that most people would consider bad, but it really upset me. When I got home that night I just cried and cried and cried in my bed for a really long time. And for the rest of the weekend I kept crying whenever I thought about it. At the time, it felt awful. But now that some time has passed and I have let all of that out, I feel really good, and I feel like I have more of a sense of clarity of some things that I was concerned about before.

I think crying should be considered a form of therapy. It really does make me feel better. I'm sure that there is some sort of scientific explanation for this. Crying probably releases all kinds of chemicals that cause a person to feel all kinds of things. I don't even know. I'll probably look this up later since I find it really interesting the way crying affects people. I can't imagine because someone who can only think of three times when they ever cried.